Well, it is done.
Not quite how I wanted it to be, due to freezing video makers and a tremendous lack of tech savvy on my part. But it is complete and I think presents the points and rhetorical approach I wanted.
My initial paper that I revised was written for a Political Science class a couple semesters ago. It got a lot of reaction - on both sides of the argument and I was curious how it would translate to a multi-modal format.
The largest challenge for me on this didn't show itself until the last minute. Literally last night when I attempted to do the final upload on the video I had crafted over the previous weeks. It just froze. Dead. Wouldn't do a thing. Stuck in digital limbo.
I restarted the program, convinced I was going to lose everything. Didn't, had a moment of hope, then it froze again at the exact same point of execution. Owing to previously stated lack of tech savvy, I decided at this point - 2am - that it was time to change the plan and I threw everything into a Prezi. Gone are my music and voice-over, which I was pretty stoked about, but I can live without them. Because of the lack of voice-over I had to rely on more text because there's a lot of info and its not as slick or 'professional' looking as I would have liked.
The topic I chose is rather a grisly one and certainly one that people will feel strongly about. I feel very strongly about it which is obviously why I chose it!
Hopefully the intent and point of the presentation is still vivid and accessible even if my avenue of presentation isn't what I'd initially wanted.
Link is below, and its old school, copy & paste and such!
http://prezi.com/z-j7cmtkcfoz/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share
I actually really enjoyed the Prezi! I thought the videos and images really illuminated your point and made your argument even more powerful. The words themselves are powerful but when you are able to put an image to the words and see what is really being done to these animals your argument becomes even more rhetorically effective. Good work, especially considering what happened with your video! You definitely pulled it off!
ReplyDeleteI remember this being your paper from a while ago, and I think that your usage of Prezi definitely allowed for the viewer to achieve greater readability overall; I think that even in my revision I was way too fucking wordy. Your usage of images was also prevalent but not overpowering; all in all I'd say good work!!
ReplyDelete